Quotes from the book:
"My brother had found him housing and a job, encouraged him, and even given him money when he could-even though my bro had so little himself. All of this, without telling anyone."
"I wondered how my brother had donated $240 a year to Compassion International, when he had so little money to spare. He was struggling to save money for college and was trying to help his family, too."
Tewolde was an amazing young man because he helped others without wanting recognition. He gave even when he had very little himself. For this week I want you to read the next chapter entitled "Coffee Tales." Quiz next week.
Also, I want each of you to come up with 6 ideas for our upcoming service project. I would like you to come up with 2 ideas per topic. The topics that your workday team have selected are listed below. Please email them to me. Thanks. Your grades should be updated if you want to check them out. I continue to hear many positive things from your work supervisors. You truly are a wonderful group of young people. Have a great week.
Tuesday Workers
- Gang Violence
- Abortion
- Racism
Wednesday Workers
- Gang Violence
- Racisim
- Abortion/Suicide (tie)
Thursday Workers
- Abortion
- Gang Violence
- Poverty
Friday Workers
- Suicide
- Abortion
- Gang Violence